Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What's Been Going On?

One thing I've really been into recently is running.  I used to exercise a lot when I was in high school, but then college came around and, well.. the rest is history.  It's time to get healthy again!  Our new apartment has a great gym, so I have really been taking advantage of it.  I've been doing the Couch to 5K program.  I definitely do not consider myself a couch potato, but having a physical job makes it harder to exercise when you've been on your feet running around all day.  The Couch to 5K program is great because it starts you at the bottom and helps you gradually run faster and longer each day.  It is a 3 day a week program but I've been doing it 5 times a week, repeating 2 of the sessions.  This week I'm beginning Week 4 of the program.  It's really exciting seeing results.  I haven't lost any weight or anything but I feel so much better and have way more energy.  To me, that is a result.  Results don't always have to be about appearance!




 
New kicks!  I splurged and got myself a pair of Asics.  I actually went and got fitted for the right kind of shoe for my type of feet.  They feel great!  I was mad they only came in pink though.  I'm not a huge fan of a lot of pink.  Why do women's shoes always have to come in pink!?  Can't I have green or orange or even blue?



Malon and Faron have been taking it easy.


Faron enjoying some basketball
Nap time
Faron in a box in a box
That can't be comfortable



One thing Drew and I have been enjoying together is playing the original Legend of Zelda for NES.  I'm a huge Zelda fan but had never played the original.  It's awesome!




And last but not least, Drew cut his hand pretty bad on some glass.  I thought he was taking a picture of his hand but he was actually trying to snap a shot of me being all concerned and grumpy in the ER.  We call this the "concerned girlfriend pose".  Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment