Monday, September 1, 2014

Potatoes on the Grill

So here is the last thing I made for my Labor Day cookout.  Potatoes on the Grill!  Potatoes are one of my favorite things.  I love finding new ways to cook them.  They are so versatile!  You can flavor them and cook them in so many different ways.  I wanted everything I cooked for our Labor Day meal to be cooked on the grill, so I made little foil packets of potatoes.  I've seen a lot of different people use this method but I hadn't done it before so I wanted to give it a try.  How hard can it be?  You just throw everything in packet and sit it on the grill!  It's easy and there is barely any clean up.  I served these with Citrus Marinated Shrimp and Veggie Skewers.  Here's how to make them:

 



2 lbs. Potatoes (I used russets but you can use any kind!), large dice
1 tbsp whole grain Mustard
1 Onion, diced
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper
1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
Unsalted butter, as needed



Scrub the potatoes really well if you're using russets.  Leave the skin on.  Cut them into big chunks and put them in a big bowl.

Toss the potatoes in olive oil then add in the mustard, onion, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper.  Toss everything together really well.

Lay out large pieces of aluminum foil.  Place the potatoes in the middle of the foil.  I put about 1 1/2 cups in each foil packet.

Place one tablespoon of butter on top of the potatoes and close up the packets tightly.

Heat the grill to medium high heat.  Place the packets on the grill and close the lid.  Cook the potatoes for about 35 minutes.  No peeking!  You don't want to let out any of the steam.

I served mine right out of the packet.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment