Thursday, July 31, 2014

Salmon topped with Guacamole over Cilantro-Lime Rice

This might seem like a weird combination, but it is so so good.  One of my favorite ways to eat salmon is with a panko breadcrumb crust.  For this recipe, I decided to crust it with crushed up tortilla chips since they go great with guacamole of course!  Also, aren't the colors in this recipe beautiful!?

 


For this recipe you'll need:

Salmon filets
Tortilla chips
Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt



Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

I'm using skin-on salmon filets.  I often buy the tail piece because I like my salmon close to well done (I get a lot of flack for this!), and the tail piece cooks very fast because it is so thin. 


Grab some of your favorite guacamole or you can use my recipe! Click here to get my guacamole recipe.


Smear (technical term...) some guacamole on the flesh side of the salmon.  Use as much or as little as you'd like!
  
 

In a small bowl, crush up some of your favorite tortilla chips and sprinkle them over the guacamole, just like you would with bread crumbs.





Preheat a skillet to medium high heat.  Heat the oil and place the salmon skin side down into the skillet.


Don't move it around too much. Let the skin get nice and crispy.

If you are using a thicker piece of salmon, cook on the stove stop for about 3 minutes.  If you are using a thin piece like me, cook for about 1 1/2 minutes.

Transfer the whole pan to the oven.  make sure your pan is oven proof!  If it's not, wrap a layer of tin foil around the handle to protect it.


Bake until the salmon is cooked to your liking.  I cooked mine for about 10 minutes.

Remember, when you are taking the pan out of the oven, the handle is hot!! Use a towel or an oven mitt to protect your hand (speaking from experience...).


Transfer to a plate and let it rest for a few minutes.

Serve over my Cilantro-Lime Rice with Black Beans or your favorite rice!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment