Friday, July 25, 2014

Time to Embarrass Myself...




Okay guys, it's time to embarrass myself...


When I was in my last year of culinary school, one of my professor picked me to be on a local TV show called Bob Redfern's Outdoor Magazine.  They do a TV segment called the Sportsman's Table.  Each segment features a different chef cooking a dish using a local ingredient as the star.  When Mr. Redfern was coming to my school, he was going to film 4 segments.  Two were culinary professors, one was a local chef, and they wanted the last segment to feature a culinary student.  Me!! I was really excited but really nervous.  I had never been on camera before and didn't know how to act. I was also nervous about picking a dish to make! My dad and I decided on doing Porter's crab fritters that he used to make for my dad's family back in the 60s at Windy Point.  I explain this a little in the video.  More on Windy Point later! That is a whole other story best saved for another day.  I don't like the way I sound on the video or how nervous I seem to be, but in the end I'm actually really proud of this video. It only took one take!





Here goes nothing...


No comments:

Post a Comment