Monday, July 28, 2014

Review: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms


Over the past year, I have become very interested in makeup.  I used to be a mascara and chap stick girl, but now I love trying all different products, especially lip products.  My favorite favorite favorite lip products right now are the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms.  They are so creamy and pigmented and they wear for a long time.  They come in so many different colors.  Vibrant reds and pinks but also neutrals. 


From top to bottom:
Showy
Sultry
Complex
Audacious
Striking
Unapologetic

My favorites of these colors are absolutely the bright oranges and pinks (audacious, striking, unapologetic).  I love to wear these with just jeans and a white t-shirt with a cute necklace.   The bright colors add so much to a simple outfit.

The only negative thing I can say about these products is if you have chapped lips, they will definitely sink into the fine lines of your lips.  I recommend putting Vaseline on your lips every night before bed then exfoliating them in the morning.  This will make your lips so much smoother overnight!  The dead skin literally just wipes away.  I just use a mix of extra virgin olive oil and sugar for a lip scrub.  It's perfect! And it's cheap!

These products retail for $6.99 at Target.  Other drugstores have higher prices but some usually have a buy one get one half off sale going on.

Revlon also makes lacquer balms in fun colors but the mattes are my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment