Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ellen's Buffalo Sauce

Oh buffalo sauce, I love you.  I love anything spicy, especially anything tossed in buffalo sauce.  I put hot sauce on almost everything.  I haven't figured out buffalo ice cream or buffalo cake yet, but if I could, I'd probably eat it.  Buffalo sauce really isn't as bad for you as people think.  Sure, it has a lot of butter in it, but other than that it's just vinegar and spices.  As long as you limit how much you eat of it, just like everything else, it's not so bad.  It's a great way to add lots of flavor and spice to pretty much anything you want.  Wings, pizza, proteins on salads, sandwiches, buffalo mac and cheese, buffalo chili... anything! The list goes on and on.





Here's my recipe for buffalo sauce:

I use a combination of two of my favorite hot sauces.  Cholula and Frank's.  This recipe makes about 2 cups of buffalo sauce and it will last for a long time in the refrigerator.

 1/2 cup Cholula 
1/2 cup Frank's
1 stick (1/2 cup) Unsalted butter
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Onion powder
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper
2 tbsp Brown sugar


In a small pot or skillet, melt 1 stick of unsalted butter over low heat.


While the butter is melting, combine both hot sauces, Worcestershire sauce and honey in a medium sized bowl.

Batman?


 

When the butter is melted, whisk in the hot sauce mixture.

 

 

Once it is all combined, add in the salt, pepper, brown sugar, garlic powder and onion powder.


 

Whisk everything together and let it simmer for a minute or two.

 

When it's done, cut off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.

Store it in a container and keep it in the refrigerator.  Enjoy! 

Leave me a comment and let me know your favorite thing to put buffalo sauce on!

No comments:

Post a Comment