Saturday, October 4, 2014

Gam's Banana Bread

My grandmother, Gam, left me her recipe box and it is full of great recipes that I want to start recreating.  I want to start making some of her basic recipes, such as this banana bread recipe, and turn them into different things.  With this banana bread, I made Banana Bread French Toast! Gam's recipes are very simple, and here on my blog I like to be very detailed with instructions, so I will be writing a little more than she has written.  Here is her recipe:





What you'll need:

1 stick of Butter, at room temperature
1 cup of Sugar
2 Eggs, at room temperature
2 cups of Flour
1 tsp Baking soda
4 Bananas, very ripe
1 cup Nuts


**I did not use nuts when I made this loaf because I didn't have any!**



Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

In a bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Set aside.

 In the bowl of a stand mixer with the beater attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.





On medium speed, add in the eggs one at a time.




Add the whole bananas into the mixer and turn on low speed.  Once they break up a bit turn the speed to medium and let it mix until there are no large chunks.



On low speed, gradually add in the flour and baking soda mixture.



If using nuts, stir them into the batter.  Scrap down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is well mixed.

Grease and flour a loaf pan.  Pour in the batter and smooth the top.



Bake for about 1 hour at 325, or until a toothpick comes out clean.  This loaf baked for 1 hour and 10 minutes.  The exact time will vary so just start checking with a toothpick after an hour!




Malon and Faron wants some too

No comments:

Post a Comment